- 200 ml. Honey
- 200 ml. water
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- 250 g. cottage cheese
- 4 teaspoons of icing sugar
- Strawberries to your taste
- Some peeled and split almonds
First, we soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of water.
Mix the water and honey in a saucepan, bring to a boil, allow to boil for about three minutes, remove from the heat and add the drained gelatine leaves. Mix well.
Honey, cottage cheese and strawberry cannelloni
Now pour the liquid into a large tray, which we have previously spread some olive oil on using a paper towel. Place in the refrigerator for two hours or more, it must be well set.
Mix the cottage cheese with the tablespoons of icing sugar, the sliced almonds and strawberries.
Once the honey jelly has set properly, cut it into squares and place them on a flat surface. Fill them with cottage cheese, strawberries and almonds.
Serve the cannelloni with honey and strawberries and sprinkle them with honey threads.
- 2 eggs
- 1 glass of milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- Oil for frying
In a bowl (is possible a tall and narrow one) mix eggs, milk, sugar and flour and stir well until a liquid with a dense texture is obtained.
In a saucepan heat the oil and leave a soup spoon in the oil to take temperature.
Once the oil is hot and the spoon are at temperature, impregnate the wide part of the spoon with the mixture and put in back into the boiling oil, the mixture will peel off and brown with the hot oil.
Remove the ‘orejas’ into a plate with paper to absorb the excess oil..
We serve the ‘orejas de fraile’ on a plate with a little honey.
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- ½ tablespoon of ground cloves
- ½ cup of butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, yeast, ginger, cinnamon, salt and clove in a bowl.
- Add the butter together with the brown sugar to another bowl and mix it. Add the egg and honey and mix it again.
- Gradually add the mixture from the first bowl to the second, kneading it in gradually until there is a sticky soft dough.
- Allow the dough to rest in a plastic bag in a cool place (out of the refrigerator 2 hours, inside the refrigerator 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 170º-180ºC
- Roll the dough to 1-2 millimetres thick and cut out shapes.
- Bake between 7-8 minutes.
- And our biscuits will be ready. We can sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon on top.