Pumpkin and honey cake
Now in autumn what is better than to prepare a delicious pumpkin and honey cake for breakfast, to snack on or as a delicious dessert.
- 250g peeled pumpkin
- 225g flour
- 185g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 2 tablespoons of “El Brezal” rosemary honey
- ½ cup of oil
- Peeled walnuts
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- First preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Then cook the pumpkin in the microwave for 6-10 minutes (depending on microwave’s power), chop the pumpkin and allow it stand to release the water.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, honey and sugar until they increase in volume.
- Add the chopped pumpkin to the previous mixture together with ½ cup of oil and mix well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, sift it, and add gradually to form a dough.
- Add a little oil to the tin to grease it, add the dough and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When the cake is removed from the oven, decorate with nuts and/or sugar.