How do we make sweets with honey for a cough?
Who hasn’t ever had a coughing fit and wanted to suck a sweet to relieve a dry cough but didn’t have one?
At El Brezal we provide you with a very good solution so that this never happens again: Make your own cough sweets at home!
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- A thermometer
- Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- ½ cup honey with propolis
- Add the honey, ginger and lemon juice into a saucepan over medium heat. And stir while it heats up.
- When white foam appears on the surface of the mixture, reduce the heat until it reaches 150-155ºC. (Check it with the thermometer).
- Allow to cool a little and put the mixture into small moulds (sweet shaped. You can use half-filled ice cube moulds).
- Once the sweets are cold, remove from the mould and sprinkle with sugar.
- Store in a refrigerator