Honey and orange cake
It seems that the cold has come all at once during this last month of the year, and what we most want is to be at home in the warm. At El Brezal we believe that during these cold evenings there is nothing better than to have a rich honey and orange cake with a cup of hot chocolate.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup and ½ of milk
- 1 Orange
- Baking powder
- 3 eggs
- “EL Brezal” orange blossom honey
- In a bowl mix the butter with 2 tablespoons of “El Brezal” orange blossom honey, add the milk and some orange juice.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and a little lemon zest and add the ingredients from the other bowl and beat everything together well.
- Whisk three egg whites to soft peak and gradually mix into the mix.
- Pour the cake mix into a non-stick bowl and put in the oven.
- Before removing the cake, make sure that it is ready, by inserting a toothpick, (for example) and checking that it comes out clean with no traces of the cake mix.