El Brezal Christmas Menu
Asparagus coated with honey
- El Brezal Blossom Honey
- Coat the asparagus in tempura batter and fry
- Pour a little honey over the fried asparagus
Toast topped with goat’s cheese and honey
- Sliced bread
- Crispy onion
- Goat’s cheese
- El Brezal Thyme Honey
- We roughly cut the bread into finger thick pieces and we spread them with butter. Then, we heat a pan.
- We cut the goat’s cheese and put it on one side.
- We toast the pieces of bread in the heated pan. Once toasted, we place them on a plate and top with the goat’s cheese (so that the cheese melts a little).
- We sprinkle crispy onion over the toast and add our El Brezal Thyme Honey.
Cod with honey and citrus fruit sauce
- Cod fillets
- Lemon juice
- Peeled potatoes
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
- “El Brezal” Thyme Honey
- Unsalted fish broth
- Chopped parsley
- Coat the potatoes with olive oil and ground pepper, wrap in aluminium foil and put them on the embers until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the cod the fillets in a heat resistant saucepan on the heat, pour the fish broth into the pan and put it on the embers covered with foil until the fish flakes away easily.
- As the potatoes and cod are still on the embers, let us make the sauce. Squeeze a couple of oranges and put their juice into a small saucepan, add the juice of a lemon, margarine and “El Brezal” rosemary honey, peel another orange (removing the white flesh because it is bitter), cut it into segments and reserve sauce and segments.
- Once the fish is done serve without the broth. Reheat the sauce without letting it come to the boil, add the orange segments with a little ground pepper, pour over he top of the cod with potatoes and garnish with some chopped parsley.
Pork fillet with beer and honey sauce
- Pork fillet
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Coarse salt
For the sauce:
- 1 Beer
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. “El Brezal” Forest Honey
- Ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. Tahini*
- 2 tbsp. Mustard
- Prepare the sauce by pouring the beer into a saucepan over medium heat, when it starts to boil turn down the heat and add the “El Brezal” Forest Honey, Tahini, mustard and lemon juice with salt and ground pepper.
- Stir well until all ingredients are well mixed, let it simmer for 50 minutes and allow to stand with the heat off.
- Prepare the meat on the barbecue, leaving it golden on the outside and juicy inside. Remove from the heat and cut the loin into strips.
- We serve the meat accompanied by the sauce and let’s enjoy a great barbecue.
* Tahini: Tahini paste is similar to humus and is obtained by grinding freshly roasted sesame seeds and a little olive oil.
- The amounts depend on the number of diners
- 1 litre of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon peel
- Ground cinnamon
- Put one litre of milk in a saucepan over a medium heat with the lemon peel and cinnamon stick
- Before the milk comes to a boil, remove the cinnamon stick and lemon peel and add 4 tablespoons sugar
- Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons of cornflour and 6 tablespoons flour and continue stirring until everything has properly thickened and it has become a dough
- Put the dough in a bowl and wait for it to cool
- Once the dough has cooled, cut it into pieces
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Take pre-cut pieces of dough and cover them in flour and beaten egg (in this order) and fry
- Take the ‘leche frita’ from the frying pan and place on a plate with kitchen roll to adsorb excess oil
- Drizzle some El Brezal Blossom Honey, sprinkle with a little sugar and ground cinnamon and here we have our ‘leche frita’ ready to eat!