Chocolate ice cream with honey
With this heat, who does not fancy a tasty home-made ice cream? In El Brezal, what we like is to sweeten and cool off the day, for this we have prepared several recipes for home-made ice cream with rich honey that will publish during the month of August, we hope you enjoy them and that you will tell us what you think.
The first is a classic: Chocolate and honey ice cream.
- 1/2 litre of milk
- 4 egg yolks and 4 egg whites
- Washed strawberries
- 200g melting chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- El Brezal Blossom Honey
- Put the milk in a saucepan along with 150g chocolate and stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with 3 tablespoons honey, until they are a creamy consistency.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate milk and heat over low heat until it looks like a cream. Remove from heat, cool and cover with plastic film to store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites with 1 soup spoon of honey until they at stiff peak, and slowly mix with the cream that was in the fridge.
- Put the mixture into a mould and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining chocolate over a bain marie and dip strawberries in it.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and distribute the ice cream in cups, decorating with strawberries dipped in chocolate.